My Baby

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A letter to Hai Ning

Hai Ning,

This is the 1st 'letter' that I write to you after receiving your birthday wishes to me since you went to USA.

I am sorry that I never write back, because I am lazy and I probably don't know what to write.
But you never failed to send birthday card to me, every year, and even my mom knows it, that she will tell me every year that 'Hey, Hai Ning's birthday card is here!"

I told Meisan the other night that you have a genuinely sincere soul --- you know i will never use this description on Meisan... haha. Even though we are not really that close, the simple words you wrote in the cards shows simply love and care.

I got your birthday card that you sent in August for me, yes, I was really busy on the wedding preparation. I have to say that the wedding went off smoothly the way we wanted.
Think all the PKs that attended had fun (i hope). I don't think you get to see the pictures posted on Facebook since you left to Tanzania on 26th. I do wish you get to see those pictures because I know you will be so excited seeing all the pretty faces of PKs. I sure hope that you can make it to my wedding reception in Houston next year --- which you have promised that you will be there.

Meisan, Hweeling, Sweeping, Junling and I went to pray for you 2 days ago when we heard from Behkim that you might only have 24hours left. Did you hear our prayers? You survived the '24hours' challenge. That's a good sign. The 'sifu' from the temple said miracle can happen if "你和佛有缘", we all hope so.

Hai Ning, if you can hear us, let us know. Give some signs. The journey will be tough but I guess we will be around to support you. But if you decide to move on, we respect your decision.

Finally, I want to thank you for being my friend. I hope this is not a farewell letter, and if you are around, you will receive my first birthday card to you coming 4th Jan.
This I promise... as long as you hang in there.

Love,
Ju Ling aka ahdo

No comments: