Saying bye bye to 2009: 5 days
no.5: A short layover in Middle East
In 2007, I stepped onto Australia.
In 2008, I reached North America and Europe.
In 2009, a layover took me to Middle East.
Doha is a name of a city. Doha is a nickname of a friend.
'Do you want to meet up with Doha since we have more than 5 hours layover in Doha?'
'Let me ask Doha'
'Doha will pick us up at Doha airport'
'Doha has a driver?!'
'Tell Doha we arrived.'
'Hi Doha, we are at Doha now.'
Confused.
I was in Doha twice.
The 1st time when I stepped onto Doha, it was 6am in the morning but the sun was just like afternoon sun. The moment I stepped out from the shutter, the heat... OMG... are you sure it's 6am?! I took a shower at the lounge. The water was steaming hot even I turned it all the way to 'Cold'
The 2nd time I went to Doha was the time when I was on the way back home. We planned to have dinner with Doha since we have 5 hour layover. I remember how my heartbeat accelerated when I was at the immigration getting the entry visa. I was afraid that they might deny entry or they might interrogate me. I don't know why.
It was 730pm at night when we walked out from the airport... the heat... OMG... no wind... just warm. Now I know why those Middle Eastern men and women flee their countries to Malaysia during Summer! We see them wearing their long dresses in here on the street, enjoying coffee at outdoor cafe. The weather here is just heaven compared to Middle East.
The 2nd time we went there was in September. The weather was not so hot but it was just like the weather in Malaysia. This time, Doha was not free to entertain me. We went out with Ning's friend instead.
I am not sure if there are many interesting places to go in Doha, as two different friends brought us to the Old Souk in both time to Doha. I guest it's Bukit Bintang equivalent. I hope I get to explore Doha more in the future.

2 comments:
salam mualaikum habibi!
mualaikum salam...
Post a Comment