Saying bye bye to 2009: 7 days
no.7: I am officially resident of KL
Even though I have been living in KL for 8 years, I bought my car from Penang so that I can own a car with Penang number plate. Penangite is always proud of being a Penangite.
Even though my parent sold the house in Penang when they moved down to KL for good, I still insist to keep my Penang house address in my IC (partly because I was lazy to go to the government office to change it).
Having an IC with home address from Penang gave me a great advantage especially when traffic police stopped me. There was once that I drove on Federal Highway on the bus/taxi lane during peak hour, passing all the bumper-to-bumper crawl jam, the traffic police stopped me! He said I should not be driving on that lane. I knew that. What?! I don't know about this rule because i was not taught when I took the driving lesson in Penang. There was NO bus/taxi lane in Penang. The police took my IC and then looked at my car... and he asked me not to drive on bus/taxi lane during peak hour anymore. Hahaha...Gotcha!
Whenever there was a long queue on the road, I will overtake all the cars in the queue to the front and sneaked into the lane. Most of the time, I will pretend that I was not familiar with the road and that's why I need to cut into the lane... Most of the time, I will get my way. The same trick doesn't work when I drove my car back to Penang.
When Ning and I went to submit the application for our wedding registration, it was 23 days before the wedding day. In Malaysia, the regulation is, we need to submit the form and the application will be posted on the notice board on JPN for 21 days for public viewing, just in case someone has an objection. We brought all the necessary documents and submitted to JPN. The lady checked our documents and stopped when she saw my IC. She said, your IC address is from Penang. So, you need to go back and register in Penang. Huh?! No way! If we didn't submit the document on that day, we won't be able to get the registrar to the wedding registration on the wedding day. The registrar looked at us and said, OK. You goto the IC department and change it right away now and submit the forms 1st thing tomorrow morning. OK... that sounds like the only solution.
So, that's how and why now my IC is from Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan. Sigh...

3 comments:
ah do... i hv a fren... after ROM... den change back to the old address... u can do all at the same day, provided u r applying in putrajaya....
We don't have a house in Penang for me to use the address anymore lah...
tiok bun hor...
anyway... i oso refuse to change my address on ic n so on... n kl oni my mailing address :p
Post a Comment