Saying bye bye to 2009: 8 days
no.8: 1st snow fall
Living in Malaysia, most of us never experience snowfall. So, it has always been a fantasy for me to be able to have white Christmas. White snowflakes on the pine trees, thick snow on the mountain, snowman... it's how Christmas should look like.
The 1st time I saw real snow was when I traveled in China during Chinese New Year. There was no snowfall during CNY but I still get to see and touch the white snow on the ground.
During my trip to Beijing in end of March, it was supposed to be spring time in Beijing but the weather was still very cold that we decided to shop for winter jacket right away.
Walking in the cold windy weather with coat that we wear in an air-conditioned room in Malaysia was a cold experience. The walking towards the mall near our hotel was pretty chilly. We were chatting and suddenly someone said, it's snowing! OMG! It's snowing! I looked up and saw white powdery snowflakes falling down. It melted before it touched the ground. I jumped up and down like a kid, laughing and embracing myself in the snow... which last about 10mins.
Ning's dad said that sometimes the snowflakes can be very big that you see the pattern on it, but the one I saw is really tiny ones. But for someone that has never see snowfall, and get to see one in spring, it was a bonus!
It's Christmas eve today. This year, we are spending Christmas in KL. There is no white Christmas, but I had a Christmas tree and lotsa gifts underneath.
Merry Christmas to everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment